拉脫維亞女孩彭冰,從去年10月第一次踏進「不要鬧工作室」開始,就讓我們印象深刻。她在還沒有來台灣前就已經用不要鬧的影片在認識台灣,後來有機會跟她一起拍了快一年的影片。現在她要回家了,不要鬧送上這隻小小紀錄片,希望能幫她圓一個小小夢想。
我是彭冰My name is Sabine
一年多前我跟我朋友說:「我決定來台灣學中文」A year ago, I told my friend I was going to Taiwan to study Chinese.
他們不敢相信,但是為了彭于晏我一定要來They could’nt believe it. But I gotta do this for Eddie Peng.
我在台灣碰到的台灣人,都會跟我說他們很想離開這裡Whenever I meet someone, everyone’s always talking about how they want to go somewhere else.
我真的很不懂I really don’t get it!
如果台灣能給我個工作機會,我一定會留下來Like if I could stay and find a job here I would definitely stay here.
可以申請中國獎學金
不聽媽媽建議,就是想來台灣!
我在大學主要選修都在「亞洲學習」部門I started studies at the Asian Study Department in my university.
當然在我畢業以前,我(覺得)應該得親眼去亞洲看看Of course after a few years before graduation. It was just logical to go and see Asia.
我媽就一直叫我去中國,跟我講至少去個一年,一定是個很棒的經驗My mom was just like, “You need to go to China! Go to China for a year, it’s going to be amazing!”
我覺得中國一定是個完全不一樣的世界,我太習慣在拉脫維亞的生活,我去中國肯定不習慣And I just felt like it’s a total different world. I was so used to the life back in Latvia. I was just like “No! it’s gonna make me so uncomfortable.”
如果我得選個國家,我會選台灣!因為我聽過很多關於台灣的優點,雖然我有機會拿到中國的獎學金If I have to go somewhere, I’m just gonna go to Taiwan, cuz I heard so many nice things about Taiwan, so I could have gotten the scholarship from China.
但我故意不去考中國獎學金的申請考試But I intentionally didn’t apply for the exams that I had to take for the scholarship.
後來我跑去台灣大使館,問他們有沒有我可以申請得獎學金And then I just went to Taiwanese embassy and I just asked if they had something for me.
我來台灣之前當然也先做了一些調查Before I came to Taiwan, I of course was doing my research.
然後我看見彭于晏,我就知道台灣一定是我該去的地方And I saw Eddie Peng. I knew that’s where I’m supposed to be.
來台體驗許多第一次最想念房東、水果攤老闆和狗狗
我來到台灣以後體驗了很多人生的第一次I came to Taiwan and I had so many first times here.
我第一次看見大海,不是一般的小湖或溪流My first time actually seeing ocean, not the sea or a lake but ocean.
第一次看到高山、第一次坐捷運First time seeing mountains, my first ride on MRT.
第一次看到這麼多摩天高樓,真的很壯觀My first time seeing skyscrapers. It was just amazing.
大多數外國人都喜歡台灣的美食和安全性,以及台灣人的友善Most of the foreigners talk about how they love the food and how safe Taiwan is and how friendly people are.
我會最想念的應該是,每次都嘲笑我中文沒有進步的房東What I’m gonna miss the most, I think is my sarcastic landlord who always reminds me how my Chinese is not getting any better.
和常常餵我吃奇怪水果的水果攤老闆和他的老狗狗Or my fruit shop owner with his old dog who’s always feeding me with some weird fruits.
有人說台灣人不太懂得珍惜他們所擁有的東西Some people say that Taiwanese people don’t really appreicate what they have.
但這情況到處都是,很多拉脫維亞人也不懂得珍惜我們自己的國家But it’s everywhere. A lot of Latvians don’t appreicate Latvia as well.
在台灣的這一年真的改變了我很多And this year in Taiwan has really changed me.
所以,謝謝台灣!So, thank you Taiwan.